How do I print a list of folders on my pc?

sheila.weston 27 Jun 12

Please can someone remind me of the name of the free program which can be used to prints a list of folder on a disk or computer?

rdave13 27 Jun 12

Is it Karen's Directory Printer?, Link

rdave13 27 Jun 12
  sheila.weston 27 Jun 12

Just the job, Dave. many thanks.

sheila.weston 27 Jun 12

I have remembered the one I wanted. Tree Size Free at http://www.jam-software.com/treesize_free/. It is an excellent program which helps to analyse the disk space also as pie charts etc. Karen's gives almost too much info.

rdave13 27 Jun 12

Here's another one with an abundant information about your system and if you don't know what you are doing you could simply knacker your system. :-)

windirstat

lotvic 27 Jun 12

When all you want is a list, some of those programs go too far and get complicated so I wrote myself a couple of .vbs and .bat files for various options to make a list of folders and files that are then saved to a txt file. (I got the info on howto via google searches)

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

IKinema aims to banish droopy shoulders and wonky spines in animated CG characters

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message