How do I print full page (no border)?

dagbladet 18:29 15 Mar 04

Win XP
Office XP
Epson CX3200

I've made some photo montages using both word and PPT. I've used various options like 'fit-to-page' in the print preview, 'borderless' in the printer properties yet i still get a small blank area down each side of the page when I print. Can anybody help?

jon2 18:45 15 Mar 04

you will only get to print edge if your printer suports this option, not all printers do

dagbladet 18:48 15 Mar 04

Like I say it has a 'borderless' option in the erm..options, but it still leaves 5mm of white each side.

jon2 18:52 15 Mar 04

the only other thing I can think of is the correct paper size

dagbladet 18:57 15 Mar 04

I'm using the A4 setting.

Pauper 18:59 15 Mar 04

Is the blank margin only on two sides rather than all four? If this is the case then you may be telling the printer to retain the aspect ratio - the ratio between the width and the height. By doing so it will only enlarge the image to the point the first part touches the edge of the paper.

Pauper 19:01 15 Mar 04

I've just noted that you are using word and powerpoint, I am not too sure if these applications support edge to edge printing, can you use a graphics application instead as it is these that edge to edge printing is primarily designed to work with for photographs etc.

dagbladet 19:15 15 Mar 04

I have a couple of graphics apps. I just found it easier to construct a montage of multiple small photos on PPT. I suppose I just assumed that the 'borderless' button did just that. I think I may have to start to look at manuals and read-me files occasionally. Thanks all.

woodchip 19:16 15 Mar 04

Simple answer is as jon2,,,,, You cannot print borderless unless your Printer Driver supports it

anon1 19:17 15 Mar 04

The term borderless is a bit of a misnomer. It does not mean the paper will be borderless it is just that the photo will be on a slightly larger area of the paper. Your printer does support edge to edge printing so in the properties of the printer will be the edge to edge print option you will need to set this

Pauper 19:18 15 Mar 04

Epson CX3200 supports bordless printing - as shown in the online manual click here (page 20)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac