How do I prepare a used hard drive to install ME?

cetbal 15:34 30 Nov 03

I am trying to fit a hard drive to a computer so that I can install ME. Can someone explain to a novice what needs to be done please? cetbal

pj123 15:50 30 Nov 03

Yes, but it is a long and difficult process. First of all you will need a boot floppy disk which you can get from click here Once you have this and have put it on a floppy disk you will need to install the hard drive in the computer and set it to "master" and also set the BIOS to detect it. You will also need to set the BIOS to boot from floppy disk first.

Having done that boot your computer and put the floppy disk in and select "boot with CD support" when you get to the A:\ prompt type in fdisk and press enter. Follow the prompts to partition and format the hard disk. When you have done that you will need to reboot your PC (with the boot floppy disk in) and then insert the CD with Windows ME on and change to the CD drive (which will probably be E:\ and type in setup and press enter and follow the prompts again. If you get stuck email me and I will talk you through.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…