How do I post a link please?

symphony 13:16 20 Jan 08

Hi.
I want to post a link -from youtube onto a forum. How do I go about this please?

johndrew 13:22 20 Jan 08

I presume it is a post in these Forums.

Go to the page you want to link to and highlight and copy the address in the browser bar at the top of your browser. Go to the Forum page where you wish to post and paste the address into your post. It will turn blue and go to `click here` when you click on `Post Response`.

symphony 15:12 20 Jan 08

Hi it's a video on youtube and I want to post it on a forum. It's not something from or for here.

Diodorus Siculus 15:14 20 Jan 08

When you see a video on youtube there is usually a string of code to allow you to embed it on a website.

Pamy 15:15 20 Jan 08

Do the same it will just send the address to the person recieving itrot them to click on.you do know how to copy it and paste it don't you?

Pamy 15:18 20 Jan 08

When you see a video on youtube there is usually a string of code to allow you to embed it on a website.
Better still Diodorus Siculus

symphony 15:34 20 Jan 08

I must confess I do not even know how to do the copy and paste bit Pamy. I'm looking for 'Idiot' type step-by-step instructions because a lot of the above is lost on me!

Pamy 16:11 20 Jan 08

OK, when you are on a web site, its address will be displyed at the top something like......
Http:/ click here .co.uk........
Now if you ue the rght button and click on it the address will turn blue ad a little box will appear. In this box you will see amongst other the word COPY. Click on COPY. Nothing will happen, but you have now saved that address into a memory. Now go to the site or e-mail that you want to send that addrtess to and in the box that you would type your message,if you do not see a curser flashing,click in the box and a curser line will begin to flash. Now right click and a little box will appear and in it you will PASTE, click on PASTE and the address that you wanted to send will appear. If you send it to P C Advisor they will change it to CLICK HERE. OK

spuds 16:44 20 Jan 08

symphony-here's a part demo: click here

symphony 17:14 20 Jan 08

Thanks very much for the kind replies all, especially Pamy and spuds. Easy when you know how!

Pamy 17:33 20 Jan 08

you'r wellcome

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced