How do i ping!

pac73 13:21 24 Mar 07

Does anybody know how i ping a server?
The problem is,im trying to activate my Kaspersky AV but everytime i try i get"Error sending server request".Ive tried disabling my firewall ZA free.
And ive disabled Spyware Terminator shield.
On the Kas forums someone said to try and ping the server.But they have,nt been back to tell me how to do it.This has been going on for 24 hours.
Any suggestions?

Jimmy14 13:25 24 Mar 07

go to start, click run, type CMD then when command prompt opens, type ping, leave a space and type the number of the server with dots included then press enter.

pac73 15:25 24 Mar 07

how do i get the server number?

beeuuem 15:55 24 Mar 07

In the command box, which opens when you type CMD or if you go to Start > Accessories > Command Prompt,type 'ipconfig /all' without the inverted commas . Note the space between the g and the forward slash.
This will display all the network addresses.

beeuuem 16:00 24 Mar 07

Not actually what you were after -sorry.
If your dns server is working, at the ping prompt type the page you are trying to connect to eg click here will ping this site and show the address 80.84.160.17.

pac73 16:26 24 Mar 07

So i open command prompt,and type in ping kaspersky.com?

pac73 16:30 24 Mar 07

Right ive done that.But how would i actually activate it from there?

rodriguez 16:35 24 Mar 07

Pinging just shows whether a web server or URL is online or not - and this can be inaccurate if they have firewalls in place. If you get a reply, it means they're online, if you get "Request timed out" it means they're either offline or there's a firewall blocking ping requests.

phono 16:38 24 Mar 07

"Right ive done that.But how would i actually activate it from there?"

You can't activate it with the Ping command, that was just to test if the server was actually active and online, you will have to use the method you were using or check the Kaspersky website for help with activation.

pac73 20:41 24 Mar 07

Ive uninstalled it,and put NOD32 on.I tried everything,but i just could,nt activate it.
Curiously it happens with AOL Active Shield as well.Both Kaspersky engines.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now