How Do I Permanantly Delete E-Mails

dazzawm 16:50 22 Jul 12
Answered

Is there a program that will permanantly delete emails which I believe are held on the server. Although I have deleted them from my PC they keep downloading on to my phone from years ago. Thanks.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:59 22 Jul 12

Got to the Emails clients web page - put in your username and password.

You can then delete all the mesages you no longer need direct off their server.

spuds 17:09 22 Jul 12

Remember though, that any email will be retained by your ISP etc, for possible reference. So in fact the emails will not actually vanish from circulation?.

dazzawm 17:45 22 Jul 12

My email address is an old ntl email address so how do I go about that?

dazzawm 18:16 22 Jul 12

With regards to what you said spuds I dont mind if they are kept for reference I dont have any untoward or want to get rid off I just dont want them downloading all the time every time I log into my email on my phone.

lotvic 18:32 22 Jul 12

On your Computer in your web browser. There have been some problems tho' so read this and try the suggested link to sign in.

If you don't want to collect ntl email on your phone, configure your phone.

lotvic 18:36 22 Jul 12

Just to clarify: Do you no longer use the ntl email address - is it no longer wanted at all? (Do you have a different email address that you use now instead of the old ntl one)

dazzawm 18:38 22 Jul 12

I still want to use my email address, I just want all old emails deleted.

dazzawm 18:42 22 Jul 12

I cannot login to virgin as I am not with them, so the route of doing it through the website isnt feasible. So there is no program then?

lotvic 18:53 22 Jul 12

Which email program on your pc do you use? and is ntl addy POP3 or IMAP?

In the advanced settings of the account you should be able to configure it to delete email from the server after X number of days, or when you have emptied your deleted folder

I don't know much anything about the phone side so if you give more details on how/what prog is on there for email someone else will know no doubt.

dazzawm 18:58 22 Jul 12

I use windows live mail and it is a pop server.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5