How do i partition in windows XP

hebeallrusty 14:35 05 May 03

I recently decided that I wanted to partition the hard drive of my computer. As I have never done it before, I decided to read up on the subject. Each subject says I need the Win XP Setup disc, but my computer never came with one - it came pre-installed with XP. How do I Partition the hard drive. I have Windows XP Home Ed.

recap 14:52 05 May 03

You should be able to do it via the Computer Manager option. Once computer Manager is open you should right click the drive and select partition.

Your computer should have come with the disc as it is yours and not the retailers.

hebeallrusty 15:08 05 May 03

I have tried this option but exactly where do i right click? Also, when I do right click, there are no options to partition. Options that are available are:

open
explore
Mark partition as active (Greyed out)
Change drive letter and paths
Format (Greyed out)
Delete Partition (Greyed out)
Properties
help

The help option takes me in endless circles telling me of the above solution. Please Help

recap 15:28 05 May 03

Click the drive to be partitioned C: most likely, in the drive window right click, this should give you the partition option.

hebeallrusty 15:44 05 May 03

Just tried it, still no "Partition" options. Tried to use DiskPart in command prompt but don't understand the language used. Any Help?

recap 15:57 05 May 03

Sorry hebeallrusty, I'm not sat at an XP machine at the moment so I'm stumped for now. Maybe somebody who has an XP machine can help you further.

rickf 16:20 05 May 03

click here There has been avery full discussion here.

hebeallrusty 17:17 05 May 03

Well, that has solved that one. Thanks for the help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…