how do i partition the hd?

u2 22:02 26 Jul 03

hope you can help with this one.I,ve just formatted the hd ,2nd time in month,s.I dont want to go through the bother of doing it again.Ive tried partitioning the HD with FSDISK but did not succeed,anyone how its done.

Will I have to format the HD again after I patrtition?Can you recommend a partition size HD is 40GB thanks in advance?

Gaz 25 22:09 26 Jul 03

What OS, you can partition some OS's upon install.

Or you could install Partition Magic, great software for this, no need to reformat.

u2 22:42 26 Jul 03

OS is Win Me tried Partition Magic and it does,nt sem to work on Win Me? Any suggestions?

barryoneoff.co.uk 23:34 26 Jul 03

I used Acronis OS selector to partitiom Win ME about a year ago. So simple, and still no bother. It was a free cover disk at the time, try a Google search, it may still be availiable.

Another good thing about it is that it stores a recovery program in DOS so that if you do ever have a problem you can click this at start up to boot from the floppy.

Good luck, Whiz...

malarky 23:47 26 Jul 03

Hi U2

when you partition your disk using FDISK each drive must be formatted before it can be used. You must also set the primary partition as active or nothing is going to work.

bvw in bristol 00:11 27 Jul 03

Partition Magic 8.0 is £24.99 at Amazon.

crimbo 08:43 27 Jul 03

Partition magic didn't work on my PC until i'd downloaded and installed the latest update fom Powerquests website click here

pj123 13:40 27 Jul 03

Try the free programme ranish from click here will partition your disk even it it has data on it.

u2 23:38 29 Jul 03

Thanks all, partitioned it with PM works in doss, no problem. Thanks once again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…