HOW DO I OVERCLOCK RAM

seancblack 15:54 02 Oct 03

I have a Gigabyte GA8SQ800 Ultra motherboard with 1Gig of Dual channel Corsair XMS 3200 Ram, can someone explain how to overclock the Ram?

mark e 15:55 02 Oct 03

bump

seancblack 15:58 02 Oct 03

?????

critic-al 16:03 02 Oct 03
  plsndrs3 16:11 02 Oct 03

Using the word 'bump' gets your query back towards the top of the list & might help others to reply as messages quickly move down the list & onto the mext page where they can get overlooked. It shows that, although there is no advice how to reach a solution, it is still outstanding. I would imagine that Mark E is also interested in this topic. You can also 'bump' your own message to get others to see it ....

Hope this helps explain it.

Regards,

Paul

seancblack 16:23 02 Oct 03

Thanks Paul, sorry if I offended Mark

Forum Editor 16:36 02 Oct 03

I don't really see the point. The speed gain will be small, the effort will be great (to get the settings just right), and if you raise the voltage there's a chance you damage the RAM anyway.

My advice is to leave well alone - you wouldn't notice the difference in normal use anyway.

OneSirKnight 16:37 02 Oct 03

I Take it that the link offered to you from
critic-al was not of any use to you?

mark e 20:45 04 Oct 03

no offence taken. I was just interested in the link, and by adding a comment it sends it to my postings which I can find it very easily later.

Mark

ollie < one> 10:24 05 Oct 03

zdf

seancblack 15:58 06 Oct 03

On the contrary, the link was very useful, and I have now managed to do this.

I Have HAD TO overclock the Ram as Gigabyte have published a notice on this motherboard stating that it will only support pc3200 by overclocking (not sure how it was working before doing this) but does explain some problems I have been having recently. Nice one gigabyte, remind me not to buy your products again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…