How do I open pst file

serenitysue 08:56 14 Oct 14

I have downloaded a pst file from a memory stick on to my laptop, but I can't open it as it says the adobe reader can't read it. I do not have microsoft office on my laptop, is this what is causing the problem?

QuizMan 09:19 14 Oct 14

PST files are associated with Microsoft Outlook and cannot be opened in Adobe reader

Ian in Northampton 09:45 14 Oct 14

Like Quizman said: you need Outlook. I guess it would be interesting to know why you've downloaded a .pst file if you don't have Outlook?

Woolwell 11:09 14 Oct 14

I may be cynical and wrong but this has the hallmarks of the beginning of a spam thread with the answer promoting a pst repair program to follow.

serenitysue 12:53 14 Oct 14

Sorry no this is not a spam thread. I am away from home at the moment and I am on a computer that does not have outlook, I downloaded some e-mails to deal with when I was away without realising the problem, and found I couldn't read them. I will have to wait until I get home. Thank you for your help.

Ian in Northampton 14:18 14 Oct 14

Oh, Woolwell... ;-)

Woolwell 14:42 14 Oct 14

Sorry.

QuizMan 15:23 14 Oct 14

If you have internet access, this works: freeviewer

wee eddie 09:07 15 Oct 14

Hang on: You downloaded some emails onto the PC that has Outlook (Office) and now want to read them on another PC?

So:Could they still be on your email supplier's Server? Is there someone close to the original PC who could forward them to you on an email address that is available to you on your current PC?

KerryWatson 07:16 05 Jun 15

Well, if you don't have MS Outlook installed and you want to view content of PST file, in such case you can try this tool, I got while searching on internet click here You can download it, its absoluetly free of cost.

john bunyan 11:08 05 Jun 15

This thread was in Oct 2014; this reply is a bit late!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…