How do i open a program in Dos..(2 )problems here

Craneop2002 02:59 12 Feb 04

cmd line is C:\PROGRA~1\KAZAA\MYSHARE~1\BATTLE~1.EXE

HOW DO I FIND AND OPEN ( BATTLE~1.EXE )
IN MS DOS.
IF I OPEN FROM WINDOW IT SAYS IT AINT A VALID WIN32 APPLICATION.
ANY HELP APPRECIATED.
MUCH

TBH1 11:14 12 Feb 04

get your DOS prompt, then type cd \PROGRA~1\KAZAA\MYSHARE~1 then type BATTLE~1 .
Saying all that, this program probably won't work in DOS either

Pesala 11:23 12 Feb 04

You can also cut the text: cd \PROGRA~1\KAZAA\MYSHARE~1 to your clipboard and paste it into a DOS window (Start Menu, Run, ommand)

Falkyrn 12:43 12 Feb 04

You don't say which operating system you are running .... if its XP the command window gives access to only a very limited subset of the original DOS.

Again if XP it may be worthwhile trying the compatability mode although again the options are limited.

If 98 or earlier and a command window doesn't work for you ... you may be able to boot into command line mode ... pressing F5 or F8 on boot up on some machines brings up the safe mode menu which amongst others gives the command line only mode.

following the directions above would allow you to move about the directories and run the program

cd change directory
eg cd\proga~1

changes from the root of your drive to the progra~1 directory once you get to the dorectory where your program is kept just type in its name and press enter it should start off.

All of that said you may face memory allocation problems,soundcard configuration etc and only you can decide if its worth the hassle

Falkyrn 13:30 28 Feb 04

Try this open source program it may offer another solution for you click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…