How do I open .fxm files

frankieman 14:14 23 Mar 04

Can anybody help I have recently received a file with the extension fxm, but I am having problems open it. I have downloaded a trial version of winfax macro, which, when installed states that once I open word it will automatically be seen for me to open this specific file but to no avail...

any suggestions

regards

frankieman

Taff36 14:36 23 Mar 04

What type of file do you think it is? Did the sender say it was a fax or could it be music.

click here

From here I tracked down:

FXM (Fuxoft AY music chip language)
These files are special blocks of music code used in Fuxoft SoundTrack on ZX Spectrum This computer has 3-channel sound chip named AY3-8910. RdosPlay has FXM interpreter and AY->OPL2 convertor. All the files that exist in this format are supplied with RdosPlay standard distribution.

frankieman 15:08 23 Mar 04

Taff36
it is a fax, it was recommended I use winfax, to open it so downloaded the trial version but no joy.. but the answer to your query, is that it is a fax as oppose to a music file.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…