How do i network Vista to Win7

woody 00:11 27 Jan 09

I have Pc with vista (A) con to cable modem.
Internet works fine.
I have another PC with Win7 (B) which i can plug into modem in place of (A).Internet works fine.
I have tried pluging cable from (B) into (A) and can not get internet .

How do i network these two PC'S?

My new PC has bays for three hard drives but because of the graphic cards it looks like i can not fit more than one!
I always prefer at least two HD's and network would seem to be a way round the problem.
The external HD's i understand can not be used to boot up so they are not up to the job.
Another way would be a caddy with a removeable HD - but are they a bit slow?

mgmcc 07:53 27 Jan 09

To network the two PCs, you need to connect them via their Network Adapters. This can be done either by connecting them both to a network hub/switch/router with ethernet cables or directly, "network adapter" to "network adapter", with a *CROSSOVER* ethernet cable.

Using a Router will let you have simultaneous internet access in both PCs, otherwise you need to have one PC connected to the internet and then enable "Internet Connection Sharing" on its connection. The second PC will then have internet access provided the first one is running and online.

The fact that you're using Windows 7 shouldn't make any difference. I have both "wired" and "wireless" network adapters running in Win7.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5