How do i network my laptop and desktop together?

tomsdad 06:26 26 May 03

Please could you tell me how to link my laptop and desktop together by wireless network. What do I need to buy and is it fairly easy to do? Thanks Tomsdad

crimbo 09:07 26 May 03

You will need network cards in both computers, if there isn't one already installed in the laptop, you can get a card for the expansion slot. You might want to consider a wireless network,to do away with the cables. If not, a network card in each computer, and a crossover cable to link them together. Then it depends what OS you have on both PC's; If one of them runs XP, you can run the network wizard and follow the instructions, if not click here has simple instructions. Alternatively, either a local PC shop or PC world will be able to advise you on equipment and the basic principles. Good luck, Kevin

jazzypop 10:37 26 May 03

This will get you started - click here

tomsdad 10:56 26 May 03

Thanks crimbo and jazzypop, just off out to spend a few quid and get the gear that i need, i might need your help again later!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…