How do I network 2 laptops?

BernieE 13:28 26 Oct 03

I'm having considerable difficulty transferring files from my old Toshiba 2800-400 laptop to the new Acer Centrino. The new Acer doesn't recognize my files on the cd created via the Tosh, so I can't transfer my files.

Is there any way that I can transfer my data between the two computers. I have been told so many conflicting things, I don't know where I stand. I have been told that I can network the 2 computers, but it will cost me about £300-400 to do this. The Acer is a wireless centrino laptop, the Toshiba is a standard laptop. I have a standard ISDN line, we can't get broadband here I'm afraid. Can anyone help please.

Many thanks

AndySD 14:06 26 Oct 03

click here and have a read or you could use USB click here as its faster

AndySD 14:10 26 Oct 03

PC world sell this click here and all you would need then is a crossover cable into the centrino notebook (assuming it has a netwotk port) I believe the Toshiba doesnt but it has got USB.

BernieE 14:31 26 Oct 03

Many thanks AndySD, you are a lifesaver!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface Studio PC release date, pricing, design, features and spec: Microsoft showcases…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

Apple Q4 2016 financial results | Apple earnings report: iPhone, iPad and Mac sales down, profits d6…