How do I measure my monthly GB internet usage

Halmer 10:11 19 Dec 04

Pipex charge me £23.44 per month for unlimited BB. They will reduce this to £19.99 per month if I use less than 1GB per month.

What is the best way to estimate my usage? Will my PC tell me somewhere or will Pipex have the info?

I have XP.

DrScott 10:14 19 Dec 04

I don't know about Pipex, but I know Freedom2surf have a members area homepage where you can keep an eye on your bb useage... Pipex prob. have same sort of thing.

Word of warning... 1GB is really not that much given it includes all uploading as well as downloading. Studies have suggested the average BB user will use around 3 - 5 GB per month (and that's not the gamers!) But if your only checking e-mail and never downloading programs, 1 GB is prob. okay! :)

Salinger 10:24 19 Dec 04

You can download and run this meter in the background you might be surprised at just how much you use! click here

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 10:46 19 Dec 04

Netmeter click here

ulrich 10:48 19 Dec 04

Thats something I always wanted to know but didn't ask.

Halmer 11:03 19 Dec 04

for the input people.

mole44 11:05 19 Dec 04

just like ulrich i to was wondering how to do it,being on NTL with the new caps comming on.thanks

Halmer 11:10 19 Dec 04

Seems to give me everything that I need but I note that there are two 'Interface to Monitor'settings: -

MS TCP Loopback interface and

WAN (PPP/SLIP)interace.

Why are there two and do I need to add the totals togwether to get an accurate reading?

Salinger 11:13 19 Dec 04

Not sure, haven't gone into it too deeply. I use the second one down, it seems to give the running total.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…