how do i manually remove all of a programme?

AYRETIME 22:32 18 Jul 03

When uninstalling a couple of games from my pc (XP) i recieved a message saying... could not remove all game components you will have to manually remove the rest yourself. Just how do i do this?. Mainly to avoid my pc becoming cluttered with unwanted left overs?

recap 22:36 18 Jul 03

Open Explorer and look in the Programs folder for the games and delete them from there.

Eastender 22:59 18 Jul 03

On that final message there should be a button for 'Details' clicking this should show you the location of the files that were not deleted.

hugh-265156 23:28 18 Jul 03

you can then go one step further and delete the registry entries.

click start/run and type regedit

next click on my computer/edit/find and type the name of the program or author and click find next.this will search the entire registry.

anything matching your description will be displayed on the right and the path will be displayed bottom left.

you can then choose to delete it.tap F3 and the search will continue untill it finds no more references to the program.

note there is no going back when you delete a reg entry.set a system restore point before trying this and/or export the reg using file/export.

woodchip 23:32 18 Jul 03

You can never remove all the dross left from uninstalled programs but this will give you a start.
Put the Program name where the XXXXX is print off and follow the instructions you may have to do this in safe mode, but try in windows first........................ To remove follow these step's closely, go to start\find\files or folders type in the box XXXXX click enter key delete all the entry's it finds with XXXXX in it. Next go to start run type regedit and press enter, go to menu under edit click find in the box type XXXXX and press enter it will bring up only one entry at a time, press delete key then click ok to confirm to go to next entry press F3 and delete do this until you get to the end of the registry. DO NOT TOUCH ANYTHING ELSE IN THE REGISTRY other than XXXXX then reboot your computer

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…