how do i make a vcd that will play on my dvd

skunkey 20:54 03 Nov 05

how do i make a vcd that will play on my dvd player

Bagsey 23:41 03 Nov 05

First make sure that your dvd player will play vcds. Mine wont, it will only play svcd. Then burn your disc to the correct format.

Migwell 01:07 04 Nov 05

I thought I would push this back to the top as I am interested in the answer myself.

wobblymike 06:12 04 Nov 05

In my experience most (but not all) DVD players will handle VCDs so if you don't know it's worth a gamble to find out.

First - you need your vide clips or photos etc that you are going to burn on your HDD somewhere.

Open up Nero (I'll assume you have it)select Nero Express and then select Videos/Pictures and VCD, import your video/photos and burn - thats it. Make sure the disc is finalised and pop it into your DVD player.

Bagsey 20:52 04 Nov 05

I found that my Nero would not burn discs to play on my DVD player. I got hold of this program to make slide shows and I find it to be very good and easy to use. DVD Pixplay from click here

farnz 23:46 04 Nov 05

I have this problem too, but will try both solutions, it may be that the discs have not been finalised.

jack 08:33 05 Nov 05

Most but not all DVD players play all formats it is a jungle out there.
DVDPixplay is a very good program and burns VCD's
It worth noting however that a VCD will not play plack natively on a PC[it will need VCD playback software- so its no good cutting a disk for someone to play on their PC]
Having said that, if you are thinking about images for general distribution - then burn the JPEGS direct to CD- most players have their own resources to deal with JPEGS and run a show.

joseph K 12:54 05 Nov 05

I completely agree with jack, a CD should be sufficient for lads of jpegs. If you were trying to burn RAW that would be a different story.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…