How do I make a Recovery Disk

Ambasedor 10:02 16 Jul 10

I have just bought a second hand PC for my son. It has XP installed but no disk with it. The instalation code is on a lable stuck on the PC. How do i make a recovery Disk if i need to reinstall XP please.

onthelimit 10:53 16 Jul 10

I don't think you can. You can use the recovery partition (if it has one - F8 on start up) or borrow an XP CD and use your own code.

Chris_Byers 11:01 16 Jul 10

You can make a 'disk image' using commercial products and there is also some freeware too. A product such as Acronis True Image Home can create recovery disks and hidden recovery partitions should you require them. You can also do this with Clonezilla (click here) an open source (free) disk imaging and recovery application, however it's not as intuative as Acronis, but will do what you require if you are in a hurry.

onthelimit 12:46 16 Jul 10

Of course, you're correct - I was assuming a clean install. For making a backup, there is also the free version of Paragon.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…