how do I make my PC into a music centre?

filthyphil 18:06 04 Jan 07

I would like to put all my albums on my PC but i only have a small pair of speakers, I would like to turn it into a proper music center. any suggestions and also can i get wireless speakers for the house so i can listen anywhere? I'm sure there is someone out there who knows what i want to do.

gudda96 18:55 04 Jan 07

filthyphil

I am not very experienced with music BUT I have ripped all my shop bought cd's using WMP 10 in the MP3 format for quality.

When you say small speakers, I dont think the physical size matters, I bought a pair in Staples last week for £16 but you can find some for £5.

The ones I bought have a an electric cable lead as they have a built in amplifier and one lead to plug into my laptop.

\if your pc is a desktop, I think most speakers would be ample depending how keen you are.

I can also plug my mp3 player into these speakers and it gives me all I need

Totally-braindead 19:17 04 Jan 07

You can plug your PC into a hifi amplifier if you wish and use that for the speakers.

wjrt 19:19 04 Jan 07

click here
listen anywhere within range and even the garden in summer

sean-278262 19:25 04 Jan 07

Google for audiograbber and install it with the Lame encoder. That will give you the best quality of sound. WMP is pretty poor with ripping music.

GANDALF <|:-)> 20:01 04 Jan 07

click here get these wireless speakers and you will not regret it.

G

Spark6 23:11 04 Jan 07

Interesting

rodriguez 23:14 04 Jan 07

I've got mine plugged into the stereo - you just use the audio cable that comes with your speakers and plug it into the Line-in or AUX input on the amp. click here and click here - that's how I've got mine.

johnnyrocker 00:03 05 Jan 07

i dont think the guy is really interested in the response as there is no replies whatever

johnny.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5