How do i make my digital photos smaller in e-mails

Cybercrow 17:43 11 Jun 04

I've got an Olympus Camedia camera (which is very good!), but when i download the pictures to my computer (saving them in 'My Pictures')and e-mail them as attachments, the recipients say that they come out too big and you have to scroll along and up and down to view them!

What is the easiest way to make my digital pictures 'smaller', so that when i send them as attachments, they come out in an easy size to view...?

ste_bla 17:53 11 Jun 04

I don't know what your default program for viewing them is but if you open it in paint, then select the whole image by CTRL & A, then go IMAGE, STRETCH & STREW and then change stretch % below 100 and it will get smaller remember to do it equal amounts so you don't end up with someone looking 1cm wide but 6ft tall...

Bagsey 18:06 11 Jun 04

Assuming that you are use XP. right click the photo then use send to email , you should then have the option to reduce the size automatically in your email.

Bapou 20:26 11 Jun 04

There's also a handy Power Toy for XP, Image Resizer, available free from Microsoft. With this tool you can resize all your photos once download by a right click and choosing 'Resize'

In the advanced section you can choose the exact size you want. Apart from e-mailing purposes it's valuable in reducing space taken up by the photos.

Download: click here

woodchip 20:47 11 Jun 04

It depends on the Photo Edit program you use, as You need to reduce the size of the pic the Save As from file in menu so the original stays the same

brambles 21:05 11 Jun 04

Go to my computer

Locate C Drive

Locate My Pictures

Select picture you want to email.

On the left of your Directory tree Windows offers several options.

Select email picture

It will ask if you want to send original or reduced size.

Click reduced
Click OK
Your picture will be inserted in an email message as an attachment.

Just address + subject + send

Brambles

britto 21:58 11 Jun 04

I find this prog handy click here you can make thumbnails of any size by right clicking a pic then just right click this to send to mail it leaves your original untouched.

griffon 56 23:46 11 Jun 04

Brambles seems to have the complete answer, but it's worth remembering to save any pictures you want to email as JPEG's. This format was designed specifically for compressing pictures for email transmission.

Stuartli 09:30 12 Jun 04

As well as the XP option, Irfanview provides this facility, along with PIXResizer (free at click here) for individual or batch files or you can use the Send To right-click method from the photo file and choose Mail Recipient, which will convert it to a .jpeg in an e-mail message box.

Most photo-editing programs also offer the means to send as .jpegs in e-mails.

Cybercrow 14:27 12 Jun 04

Thanks' you lot!

I don't have XP, just Windows '98.

Valvegrid 14:36 12 Jun 04

I use 98, Irfanview is just the job: click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac