how do I make me the only user in win xp

ray27 15:12 PM 14 Jan 12

At the present I have to log onto my laptop via a password but as I am the only one that uses it I would like it to be configured for just myself can any one point me to the correct way to do this many thanks for any help

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 15:25 PM 14 Jan 12

Accounts options --- To stop your system from displaying the Welcome Screen, go to "Start->Run" and type in "control userpasswords2" (but without the quotations). Untick the "Users must enter a username and password to use this computer" option and click OK

ray27 17:48 PM 14 Jan 12

I tried what you suggested but it got worse I now had a box pop up stating I could not log on until I put a password in, behind this box was the one that asked for my password before. I ticked ok and I was back to the old password box so I think I will leave things as they are as its not worth the bother cheers ray

birdface 21:28 PM 14 Jan 12

Look in user accounts and see if you have one on there for Aspnet or something like that.

Sometimes especially with XP Microsoft adds another user account without telling you.

If that is the case you can delete it and just leave your own user account.

Eric10 22:16 PM 14 Jan 12

After unticking "Users must enter a username and password to use this computer" and clicking OK did you replace the default Administrator username with your own username and password?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Toshiba dynaPad release date, price and specs: Another Surface Pro 4 rival with Windows 10

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Google Maps for web gets a Material Design-inspired makeover

New Apple TV 2015 release date and UK price: buy from Apple in late October, in store in November