How do I make Incredimail my default

lin_ 20:42 15 Apr 06

I go to tools options, then a box comes up with you need to have Administrater or power user privileges in order to set Incredimail as your default e-mail cilent, so how do I do it?
Thanks in advance

conrail 20:53 15 Apr 06

To configure IncrediMail as the default email client, simply open IncrediMail, click the 'Tools' menu, select 'Options...' and click the 'Make Default' button.

If the 'Make Default' button is grayed out, yet IncrediMail still does not act as your default email client, then do the following:

Right-click the IncrediMail Tray Icon (the orange envelope), located in the lower right-hand corner (near the computer clock) and select 'Exit'.

Open Outlook Express, click the 'Tools' menu and select 'Options...'.

At this point, the 'Options' dialog opens. Click the 'Make Default' button and close the 'Options...' dialog.

Close Outlook Express and open IncrediMail. In the IncrediMail main window, click the 'Tools' menu and select 'Options...'.

At this point, the 'Options' dialog opens. Click the 'Make Default' button and close the 'Options' dialog.

IncrediMail is now configured as your Windows default email client.

lin_ 21:03 15 Apr 06

Just done what you said, It still says in the option box Incredimail is NOT your default e-mail client, and it still says Administrater or power user privileges in order to set Incredimail as your default e-mail cilent

VoG II 21:06 15 Apr 06

Try logging in as THE Administrator click here

lin_ 07:04 16 Apr 06

Just tried that, still get the same message

PC Bilbo 10:02 16 Apr 06

In XP and in addition to VOG's input, have you also tried changing things in "Set program Access and Defaults" accessible by clicking Start?

conrail 11:09 16 Apr 06

try; run, control panel, taskbar start menu, customise, general tab, against email at the bottom under show on start menu, there is a drop down list, click on that and if incredimail is there select that and see if that works

lin_ 12:34 16 Apr 06

Just tried the above, no luck, not a big problem just wanted Incredimail as default because it is easy and quicker to send photos from Picasa that way, thanks to you all

dogbreath1 12:51 16 Apr 06

click here for help on anything to do with IM and OE. If this guy can't fix it, then I doubt if anyone can. For various reasons I don't use IM now, but when I did, any problems at all...this is yer man!!

lin_ 13:01 16 Apr 06

Thanks, I will have a look later

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…