How do I make BT Yahoo Mail my default email

Jolan 21:20 07 Aug 13

I used to use Windows Live Mail (WLM) on my PC (Windows 7 64-bit) I now use BT Yahoo Mail (the reasons are complex) Whenever I click on an email link,WLM opens. I don't want to use WLM, so I have to copy the email link, open Yahoo and paste it in. I would like BT Yahoo Mail to open when I click on an email link but, after trying my best, I cannot find a way of doing this. Is there a way. please?

chub_tor 21:57 07 Aug 13
  lotvic 22:05 07 Aug 13

Before you start trying to make an online webmail the default program (impossible AFAIK) I think you better read:

"BT.com has just had a makeover to make it more informative, engaging and useful for you to visit every day. We're also launching a new consumer email service - BT Mail - and an easier way for you to log in to BT's online services, the BT ID. As part of these changes, we're closing the current BT Yahoo! portal and changing the way BT Yahoo! Mail customers log in. Later in the year we'll be moving BT Yahoo! Mail to BT Mail" click here

Woolwell 10:10 08 Aug 13

" I would like BT Yahoo Mail to open when I click on an email link" as lotvic has stated you are attempting something that cannot be done with webmail.

Woolwell 10:11 08 Aug 13

However chub_tor's solution may work.

lotvic 11:22 08 Aug 13

don't think it will as chub_tor's solution is for Yahoo toolbar. That is not BT Yahoo.

BT have parted company with Yahoo and BT mail is now moving hence BT dropping the yahoo part in the email. click here

Jolan 12:37 08 Aug 13

Many Thanks Chub_tor, Woolwell and lotvic for your prompt replies and links. lotvis's link had persuaded me to wait for the transfer to BT mail and then attempt to set up the new webmail to open on "link-clicking" as WLM does now. Many thanks, once again. John

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac