How do I know if my Firewire card is working

nooney 21:33 07 Feb 04

I purchased a card from DABS to connect my digicamera to my WIN ME PC.
The software recognises the card, but I cannot see the camera.How do I know if card is working.
It came with 3 outputs and correct 6-4 pin lead.
I should not have to add any other drivers, although following earlier response here I have tried installing another driver, but still not recognising camera.
I have tries booting up with the camera connected and switched on but still no go.
I am still waiting for Panasonic to reply! to earlier correspondence.
Perhaps I will have to stick to transferring to my VCR? and forget editing via the PC.

MichelleC 22:05 07 Feb 04

Does the firewire card show in device manager? If so try reinstalling another driver (if it's windows generic try the Texas Instrument one).

nooney 23:19 07 Feb 04

Thanks for info.
I installed Terxas driver and still it does not work.
Looking at system the card shows up with no conflicts etc.
I really do not know what to do next.

MichelleC 10:17 08 Feb 04

Try rebooting up with cam connected and on.

nooney 11:44 08 Feb 04

I have tried booting up with camcorder on and running but still no go.

Rennaissance 13:18 08 Feb 04

How many PCI devices are connected other than your firewire card? Try moving it up or down a slot.

MichelleC 18:01 08 Feb 04

Is there an enabling setting in cam's menu for dv transfer or similar?

Chegs © 19:58 08 Feb 04

I recently got my 98se working with a digicamcorder,once I got the IE1394 recognised(by installing a patch click here ) I couldn't get anything from the camcorder until I installed the Canon software.Even then,it would only download the stills not the video.I tried for hours,eventually gave up and decided to stay with XP to edit video.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Studio vs iMac 5K comparison review: Apple and Microsoft all-in-one PCs battle it out

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Social media image sizes, specs and aspect ratios: the ultimate guide

New MacBook Pro release date, price and specs | New MacBook Pro 2016 announced: Now with Touch Bar…