how do i know if av on my pc

stevennufc 18:30 13 May 04

i have just bought pc running xp tried to install norton and when i click on shortcut a window shows for split sec then disappears also not running auto on start up i am going mad anyone help please

bruno 20:25 13 May 04

Look in Start/All programs and see if it is listed in there.If it is try to start it from there.

Daz35 20:38 13 May 04

I also had this problem with any Symantec software that I tried to install on my laptop. My desktop was fine with Norton firewall and A/V, but excactly the same thing happened to me, using firewall/A/V or even ghost. I uninstalled everything and then installed a different A/V progam which found a worm. I then deleted it and thought nothing more of it. A few months later I decided to give Norton another go as I didn't really like the A/V that I was using and it was fine! Maybe a coincidence,but my advice would be to download a freebie, make sure you don't have any viruses lurking about and then re-install Norton. It worked for me and I've had no problems for a few months. click here for Avast.

jimv7 21:17 13 May 04

Daz35, good bit of advice, remove norton which cannot find the worm, install the free anti virus which works, remove the freebie and install that which did not work.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Switch price…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…