How do I keep windows pages "maximized"?

AnthonyB 15:54 26 Oct 04

This is obviosly a small prob, but when I connect to the internet, and click explorer etc, my page needs maximizing all the time, and i always open about 7 web pages at one time. I would like these all maximised when i do this - without having to keep doing this manually. IE: right click Maxomise/minimize/close etc, and also the maximixe button at the top right of the window itself (in the middle;)

BurrWalnut 16:02 26 Oct 04

For the initial window: Right click on the Internet Explorer icon on your taskbar and click Properties. In the Run field, choose the maximised option. Click Apply then OK.

To maximise new windows: In the existing Internet Explorer Window, Right click on a link and click Open in New Window. After you have opened the new window, close the original (and any other IE windows except the new one). Resize the new window (drag the edges) to the largest possible size, then close that window. Now reload IE and try opening a new window.

MAJ 16:05 26 Oct 04

Right-click on the little IE icon in your QuickLaunch toolbar in the Taskbar, choose Properties, in the "Run" field choose "Maximised" from the dropdown menu and click Apply and OK to exit. Job done, AnthonyB.

woodt 16:17 26 Oct 04

This article may help click here

AnthonyB 17:15 26 Oct 04

Thanks all, works fine now, but not from my "buttons" on my keyboard

AnthonyB 17:17 26 Oct 04

Thanks all, works fine now, but not from my "buttons" on my keyboard

johnnyrocker 17:45 26 Oct 04

another method for future ref is to drag to fit and close using alt f4

keith-236785 18:16 26 Oct 04

resize the window to fill the screen, then press CTRL and click the red (winxp)X top right to close the window, windows will then remember the size untill some other prog screws it up again

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface Studio PC release date, pricing, design, features and spec: Microsoft showcases…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

Apple Q4 2016 financial results | Apple earnings report: iPhone, iPad and Mac sales down, profits d6…