How do I join together short video clips ?

Indigo 1 11:31 16 May 05

I have a selection of short video clips (MPEG4)and would like to join them together to make one long video.

What do I need to do this ?

Is it possible to make a video CD of the long video to play on DVD player, I don't have a DVD burner.

SurfMonkey _#:@}™ 12:04 16 May 05

you could try nero if you have it use nero vision express 2 then burn to cd as vcd with nero burning rom

Indigo 1 12:14 16 May 05

Thanks for that.

I have just discovered Windows Movie Maker lurking unnoticed on my PC (never had a use for it before) and it appears to be able to join the clips together reasonably well so I will practice with it for a couple of hours to see what I can do.

So I will tick this as resolved, thanks again.

GroupFC 12:19 16 May 05

If you are using XP, you will have windows moviemaker and you could then use that to make one long clip, save that as an .avi file (you will need plenty of hd space as an hour of .avi will be about 12gbs!.

You could then use Nero to burn this file as a VCD. You will need to make sure that the DVD player is capable of playing VCD, because (afaik) not all can!

If you need more info. about MM2, have a look at these sites click here and click here or alternatively post back and I'll do what I can to help!

Indigo 1 15:16 16 May 05

Thanks for the links, I have now managed to create a video CD using Windoze Movie Maker and Nero, without too much difficulty, I had a few blips and freezes but got there in the end.

I am still open to more suggestions if anyone has any ides for improving the overall quality etc.

ashdav 17:27 16 May 05

read this click here then download this click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…