How do I install without CDROM Drive?

Iwasaki 13:46 10 Dec 03

Hi all, I have just ordered the Epson Stylus C64, which host the USB & Parallel interface. I only require the lata. Anyhow the warehouse PC does not have a CDROM or Floppy drive it is an old P133 from IBM.

How can I install the device drivers etc??

We can both see the server, therefore can I copy the cdrom contents from my machine and dump then in then folder, then setup install from downstairs via the folder. Hope you can help??

alcudia 13:54 10 Dec 03

If I've understood you correctly you can copy the entire installation cd to a folder on the server by way of it's cd drive, then navigate to this folder from the machine you wish to install the printer to and run set up or whatever is required from this PC.

Iwasaki 13:56 10 Dec 03

Correct, that is what I was hoping you could do. I shall find out when the printer comes in tomorrow.

I shall keep it open till then. Sorry if I am confusing.

Diemmess 17:45 10 Dec 03

You have it........

The other way around - For a while during a "black period" a few years ago when I was having to re-install a crashed system a shameful number of times, I was able to save time by copying my installation floppies to a CD and then run Disk 1..... once started the operation ran, and I think you will find the same, from the server folder.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…