How do I install Win XP on new SATA drive

Mr Tibbs 18:10 08 Jan 05

Hi folks,
I'm trying to install windows XP on a Asus A8V Delux motherboard. The motherboard picks up the Sata drive but XP instalation doesn't. I've been told that XP instalation will ask for the SATA drivers but I've tried and it doesn't. Do I have to extract the SATA drivers from the motherboard drivers disc to a floppy? How do I get XP instalation to ask for the drivers or get them installed so I can use my new SATA drive. Thanks for any help.

AndySD 18:13 08 Jan 05

Yep load them on a floppy and when loading windows it gives you the option to load ten by pressing F6

mrdsgs 19:50 08 Jan 05

sounds like you haven't enabled sata in bios. also make sure you set boot oder to sata before ide

mattyc_92 19:59 08 Jan 05

What AndySD said

Mr Tibbs 21:33 08 Jan 05

Thanks, when do I load the drivers. Is it when asked if I want to load any scsi or 3rd party drivers. I just want to be clear so I can get it right.

mattyc_92 21:37 08 Jan 05

No, when you boot from the disk, look at the bottom of the screen for "press F6", when you see "F6", press it and allow the "proceedure" to continue and then press "s", insert the floppy disk with the drivers on it, and press enter, then press enter and then you can install windows....

Mr Tibbs 21:36 09 Jan 05

Thanks AndySD and mattyc_92 for your quick responses. Everything sorted.

mattyc_92 21:39 09 Jan 05

Glad we could help...:)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…