How do I install a USB 2.0 4 port card bus??????

naissonej 22:08 14 Dec 06

Hi,

I wonder if any one could help me please, I only possess very basic computer skills and can't install the softwear for a USB 2.0 4 port card bus on to my laptop.
I have noticed that the card doesn't slot in fully is that correct? and that no installation wizard has come up when I've put in the cd -rom entitled Driver and User manual. Please advise as I just do not know what to do ?????

Pamy 22:30 14 Dec 06

naissonej, tell us more about this USB 2.0 4port card bus for your laptop. What laptop, what cardbus?

What do you mean by "does not slot in correctly"

Have you read and printed off the user manual from the CD-ROM?

naissonej 23:41 14 Dec 06

Forget about it not slotting in properly as it does

I don't know how to print out the instructions as the print out I've attemptedo states "Print Error" " The document in this frame cannot be printed as laid out. This frame will be printed separately" the rest of the sheet is blank.

I run windows xp hear are stage one of the instructions below I don't know how to access hardware wizard as it's not surfaced at all

There are there drivers have to be Installed under Windows XP in order to enable the PCI Card to work.. The there drivers are “software of Universal Serial Controller” , “USB2.0 Enhanced Host Controller” and “USB2.0 Root Hub Device”.

1. Select “install the software automatically (Recommended)” to . Click “Cancel”. As Figure 1. Figure 1 shows "Welcome to the New found hardware wizard"

terryf 00:03 15 Dec 06

Select install automatically but first put the cd that came with the card into your drive.

naissonej 00:21 15 Dec 06

I don't have that option which is why I can't follow the instructions

I have a picture of the card bus with two options only : Installation Driver and user manual I've run the installation 4 times, the computer has restarted but it's not worked

Pamy 10:56 15 Dec 06

would suggest that you get someone else to print off the manual first. NB1 some devices like your card may nead the drivers installed befor you connect the card.

naissonej 17:20 15 Dec 06

Hi,

It's working now

I had installed it despite not having gone through the wizard process the problem was that the card hadn't been fully inserted into the slot it required a hefty push!

Many thanks for your kind help it's greatly appreciated

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…