how do i install sata drivers on A7N8X deluxe

maquilla 09:41 13 Jul 03

Have a seagate sata hd, tried to download drivers from asus to floppy, says file too large.
any help please

D-P-R 09:58 13 Jul 03

they should be on the cd you got with the board. If you havn,t got it get someone with a cd writer to put them on a cd for you

polar_king 23:42 13 Jul 03

go here click here

this will give you all the relevant info, but not the drivers.

I have sata drivers if you wish to contact me, they do fit on a floppy

jazzypop 23:47 13 Jul 03
  maquilla 10:41 14 Jul 03

Thanks polar king, i am waiting for a reply from asus.
Other people on this forum are not so helpful, and nit pick for no reason, whatever makes them feel superior i guess

temp003 03:26 15 Jul 03

If the reason you need to put the driver on a floppy is so that you can install XP from scratch, booting from the XP CD, I think the motherboard comes with a floppy. The SATA chip on the Asus board is made by Silicon Image, so look for a floppy with that name, or something like 'Silicon Image SiI 3112 SATALink Driver Installation Disk'.

If you don't have it, copy from the Asus CD to a floppy. The relevant folder contains RAID software, to be installed in GUI mode, so it's too big to be put on a floppy.

When you copy from the CD, skip the GUI folder and any .pdf manual you see. Then when you install XP, press F6 to install hdd controller driver, and when prompted, press S, insert the floppy to see if it works.

maquilla 13:10 15 Jul 03

thanks temp 003, it did not come with floppy, but done as you said and it worked. thank you

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Switch price…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…