How do I install my Word 2000 file in my wife's pc

Benid 22:39 23 Jan 06

I recently opened an account for my wife on my pc but it appears my Word 2000 file is not accessible. I want her to have access and unfortunately I have lost/mislaid the activation code for my CD Rom, which means I cannot install it for her. Is there a way that I can enable her to use Word 2000 without purchasing another CD Rom? Many thanks.

Softstag 22:55 23 Jan 06

No, but you can get other software that will open the files.

cycoze 23:09 23 Jan 06

Your title for the thread and your first sentence are conflicting Benid, the title says install to wifes PC in which case you need the activation key.

How ever if as your first sentence says you opened an account for your wife on your pc then yes there is a way, but it would help to know what version of Windows you are using as 98 would be different to XP.

Assuming you have XP, in your account (main account) open Windows Explorer and select your default Start Menu folder the path is normally C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs, Click the Windows Start button, select All Programs, and choose the program or submenu you want to add to your Wifes/everyones Start menu. RIGHT-click and drag the shortcut to the open Explorer window, and select Copy Here.

Log off your account and log into your Wifes account and the programs should be there in the startup.

If you want to share documents save them into shared documents folder.

cycoze 00:13 24 Jan 06

All sorted then Benid ?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5