How do I install DLL Files

basell 16:29 03 Mar 03

How do I install a DLL file to my computer?

Thanks

MAJ 16:45 03 Mar 03

You have to find where it's supposed to go and then copy it to that folder.

Gemma 17:03 03 Mar 03

DLL's (dynamic link libraries)usually live in the windows/system folder. If you ever have to put one there PLEASE read any warning that appears such as "do you wish to overwrite....". If you are at all unsure, take the do nothing exit. If you want to try a different version of a DLL, firstly re-name the old one by changing the file type extension from .DLL to .DLLOLD. Copy the new one to the folder (no warning this time) and try it. If it all goes pear shaped, delete the one you added and re-name the .DLLOLD to .DLL and you are back where you started.

Diemmess 17:31 03 Mar 03

like Gemma says .... with great care!

Usually you don't install them yourself, installing the program does that for you and you never have to know.

basell 15:23 04 Mar 03

Thanks for the help

woodchip 15:46 04 Mar 03

In the system folder or if you know the program that's looking for a DLL and cannot find it put it in the Program folder the onr with the program .exe file that's looking for it

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…