How do I identify a Packard Bell Computer Model ?

Giggle n' Bits 23:25 07 Feb 03

again attempting to upgrade my memory on my old 1998 Packard bell which has a case style called SPHERIS.

I am using the Crucial website and it asks for the model of ther Pbell. I have telephoned them and they seem unsire on which memory as I don't have the model number.

The Case is a CD Drive and a floppy lower down the front panel. With a big chunk of concurve plastic trim in between filling the gap.

Is there another sticker I have missed.

I have lost the manual and motherboard is PBell stickered with just PB part no barcode over the real M/board make. Label removal is impossible with out scraping the Mboard.

Don't expect anyone can help on this but I try anayway.

Giggle n' Bits 23:28 07 Feb 03

Will call Crucial again and hope I speak to another Tech person.

Thanks for anyone who drops in for a read.

grove34 23:29 07 Feb 03

its usually on the back of the case but you've probably looked there i take it ,only thing i suggest is going on to the pb website and do a search for the older models and see what comes up.

or you could use aida32 not sure of the website but do a search on this forum and you'll find the address , it gives info about everything in your machine.

jazzypop 23:33 07 Feb 03

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…