How do I hyperlink to open in a new window

powerless 01:20 05 Jul 03

As above i wish to have a hyperlink open up a new Internet Explorer to display the page from the hyperlink.

How do i go about this?

I am Using FP2002. (help files are useful but nothing on the above)

Eastender 01:40 05 Jul 03

It's target NEW your looking for as in:-

<a href="click here target="NEW">

hope this is of help.

Eastender 01:45 05 Jul 03

<a href="http: //click here" target="NEW">PCA</a>

powerless 02:09 05 Jul 03

<a href="http: // www. pcadvisor .com" target="NEW">PCA</a>

Do i insert this into the HTML view?

Or can i highlight a word in Normal view - Right click - Hyperlink - and add the above to "address", click ok and it's done it?

Sir Radfordin 09:00 05 Jul 03

Just quickly opened up FP2002 (for the first time ever!) and typed some text in. If you then highlight it and right click and then select Hyperlink you can do what you want.

On the right hand side of the window that pops up to set the hyperlink is a button that says "target frame", click this and you can then select new window from common targets.

Click ok x2 and test - should work.

Otherwise you can do it in text editor like Notepad.

Sir Radfordin 09:09 05 Jul 03

Just looking at the HTML view in FP2002 and it does it like this:

<a target="_blank" href="

but nothing to stop you doing it as Eastender has said though I've always used "_blank" and not "new"

Sir Radfordin 09:14 05 Jul 03

click here for the WDG syntax for target

Eastender 10:34 05 Jul 03

Sorry I didn't come back last night but I was falling asleep at the keyboard. Glad Sir Radfordin has sorted you out and me too, I wondered why there was no option for NEW in Dreamweaver, so in future I'll use the _blank option. Cheers.

powerless 15:51 05 Jul 03

Thanks it now opens up in a new window.

However...

Is it possible for an image to load in the first opened window. Then any other hyperlink will show in the first opened window instead of a new IE opening each time.

Sir Radfordin 17:01 05 Jul 03

Don't think you can do that because its a setting on IE to reuse windows for links that can be turned on/off by the user.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…