Seth Haniel 11:34 04 Dec 07

cheers - will give it a bash tonight ;)

HCOOH 13:09 04 Dec 07

If that one is not working ,this may do it
click here

Seth Haniel 14:27 04 Dec 07

ta - a few more good tips there

Stuartli 15:06 04 Dec 07

I haven't got this facility currently enabled on my system, but right clicking on the Start button and using Customise to delete the Log Off link is also available (IIRC!)

Seth Haniel 15:28 04 Dec 07

thats the one I want but didn't see the option when I right clicked mine - will look again

Seth Haniel 08:19 05 Dec 07

yep that did the trick ;)

Stuartli
That option still not in the drop down list ???!!!
Strange??

HCOOH 09:05 05 Dec 07

I do not have that option either, so not so strange.

eedcam 09:27 05 Dec 07

If you want to be Idle like me create a Stop Button

On the Windows desktop, right-click and select New and Shortcut.
If you are using Windows XP, in the command line path, type the following exactly:
SHUTDOWN -s -t 01

Please note the spaces before the hyphens and after "t".

Click Next, name the shortcut and click Finish. Now, to shutdown Windows, just double-click this shortcut.

By the way, speaking of shutting down your computer, here's another handy trick. Just consider today's tip a twofer!

You can restart Windows without going through the entire boot or start process. This is pretty handy to know when you make changes and want to see if they work. Simply click Start and Shutdown and then, hold down the Shift key after selecting Restart. Click OK.buttton

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…