How do I get Win XP Home out of Hibernation

Nothing I have tried seems to work eg moving/clicking the mouse.In the end I had to switch off and reboot but I am sure there must be an easier way.All ideas very welcome.

mentalguy66 19:04 24 Apr 06

probably whats happening is whilst your computer is in hibernation, a program running has stopped responding. you don't say how you try to get it out of hibernation, tell me every step you take and i will be happy to assist you.

mentalguy66 19:05 24 Apr 06

to bring your computer out of hibernation, simpley press the power button on the front of the PC. Hibernation is simply saving the comp's state to the hard drive, and then just shutting down. so your computer is turned off in the first place!!

mentalguy66 you seem to have answered my post.I was under the impression that Hibernation made the screen black like going into Standby and all I had to do was move the mouse.I understand Hibernation to mean going to sleep (like hedgehogs)and just wanted a shake to bring it awake.Thanks for your help.I did wonder at the time when I rebooted why it didn`t check the Hard Drive.

Jackcoms 19:32 24 Apr 06

Hibernation (for a PC, unlike a hedgehog) means powering off completely.

You MUST press the power button to wake it up again.

Stuartli 19:42 24 Apr 06

Apart from having to press the power button to restart, Hibernate saves all your settings before you shut down in contrast to Standby; if you have a power failure whilst in Standby you could lose data if it hasn't been saved.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…