//some 3rd party need geo

How do i get True 24-bit Colour

2003Andy2003 18:42 21 Oct 03

Dear all,

After having Installed a New Hard Drive and Re-Installed Windows 98 last night with help from some kind people on here. I now basically have a problem being that the Display only shows 2 or 16 Colours and i need to get True Colour 24-Bit.

I've Installed Belarc Advisor and it just says Standard PCI Graphics Adaptor so i need to find the proper Driver for this. I'm sure this is a problem i had before and eventually found one and was told to add a command line in Sysedit (i think that's what it was anyway), so any help n this problem would be much appreciated.

Many Thanks

Andy

Legolas 18:46 21 Oct 03

You need to update your drivers, if you have the installation disk for your graphics card then pop it into the drive and run it. If you have on-board graphics the drivers will be on the m/b disk if you have none of the above you will have to find out what graphics card you have and download the drivers from the internet.

keith-236785 19:27 21 Oct 03

your graphic card is probably not a Standard PCI Graphics Adaptor, windows just doesnt know which one you actually have.

now you have a problem, you need to find out the actual name of your graphic card, that isnt easy.

Belarc advisor only reads the description of the hardware from windows so isnt always accurate (in fact in my experience it reported the wrong motherboard version)

you need to remove the graphic card and look at it to see if it says what it is, if not look for a FCC no, (EG. FCC ID: FTUPCI7322M)it should have one.

if it does, click here and follow the instructions, that should tell you the manufacturer of your graphic card.

you should then be able to find the correct drivers for your card, or at least let windows install the correct driver(you will have to choose the right card though).

good luck.

BarryKeith 19:35 21 Oct 03

Download Aida32 which will tell you what graphics card you have so that you can obtain the correct drivers.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…