HOW DO I GET SHOT OF GATOR ADWARE

blowworm 16:21 04 Apr 05

Hi,
Running aol on 98se, aol spyware protection keeps finding gator on my system even when I use the block option on the aol spyware program.

Any ideas how I can permanently get shot of gator would be kindly recieved.

Thanks,

James

john-232317 16:33 04 Apr 05

download AdAware, update it and run it.

click here

plsndrs3 16:46 04 Apr 05

1) Right click on the Gator icon in the System Tray and click on Exit.

2) From the Windows Start button select Settings and then Control Panel.

3) When the Control Panel window opens, double-click on the Add/Remove Programs icon.

4) When the Add/Remove Programs Properties window opens, locate Gator in the list of installed programs. Click on it one time and then click on the Add/Remove button.

5) Follow the on screen instructions.
Place a check in the box for "Delete User Information".

This will remove the Gator program from your computer.

HTH

Paul

blowworm 16:53 04 Apr 05

Thanks it found 47 criticals and a poss virus no wonder system was running crap!

James

griffon 56 16:56 04 Apr 05

Hi Blowworm,

For belt and braces in addition to what Daddyassa said, also use aSquared click here, Spybot S&D click here, the spyware killer at click here and perhaps also Spyware Blaster from click here. There's also a good disc cleaner at click here and a speed up program at click here which has a registry cleaner in it. They're worth a try, I've been using them for some time with no ill-effects and great benefits.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…