//some 3rd party need geo

How do I get rid of this Virus message??

Manfatha 19:57 23 Feb 04

Hi all, I recently bought a new HP computer after much greif with the previous pile of *!@:e that i had, and on the new one i keep getting a message window which says WORM/LOVSAN.A IS FOUND IN FILE C:\SYSTEM VOLUME INFORMATION\_RESTORE(69EE390C-99FC-44T1-A384-45CF4B9BF7DE):\RP4\A0000938.exe
I use AVG as my main antivirus software, and I've ran it both manually & automatically to try and clear this message. It does'nt appear to be causing any problems within my system that I can tell, but I would like any tips on how to get rid of this so-called virus.

Thanks, Manfatha.

Chegs ® 19:59 23 Feb 04

Turn off System Restore,recheck with AV,then if nothing shows,reinstate System Restore.

justme 20:11 23 Feb 04

AVG cannot remove a virus from the sytem restore facility. As Chegs ® has indicated you will have to switch off the system restore and recheck. If everything is ok then switch on the system restore again.

I have a feeling that switching off the system restore loses all the previous restore points so check and if necessary make a new restore point in case you need it in the future.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…