How do I get rid of Trojan.FakeAlert?

Motty26 07:40 02 Oct 06

This problem is driving me mad. I have discovered that I have the Trojan.FakeAlert on my pc and it is bringing up fake warnings about viruses, spyware, and directing me to a site for the antispyware software antispywaresoldire or something.
Here is the info I know about it
Adware.Srv.32
Trojan.FakeAlert
C:\windows\system32\runsrv32.exe

Someone please help me, it's driving me insane!

User-312386 07:48 02 Oct 06

It does not sound fake, it sounds like the trojan is stuck in system restore

Turn off system restore, restart the computer and turn systm restore back on

Motty26 08:20 02 Oct 06

I tried that but it doesn't work. My desktop wallpaper is blue and has the following message 'Your computer has several fatal errors due to spyware activity Your ip address is.... and via this address an unauthorized access was gained by another computer. Iit is strictly recommended to install an antispyware software to close all security breaches'

It definitely is fake as i've updated all my firewalls, antivirus etc etc but I hust can't get rid of the blue screen, messages,.

The blue screen is named 'yod' in the desktop wallpaer settings and when i search for that file and delete it, it comes back again.

VoG II 08:37 02 Oct 06

Download Ewido Anti-Malware trial version click here

After it's downloaded and installed, it should automatically update itself; however, if it doesn't, you should do it manually. Close ALL open Windows / Programs / Folders. Start Ewido and run a full scan:-

Click on Scanner

Click on the Settings tab.

Under How to act?
Click on Recommended Action and choose Quarantine from the popup menu.

Under How to scan?
All checkboxes should be ticked.

Under Possibly unwanted software:
All checkboxes should be ticked.

Under Reports:
Select Automatically generate report after every scan and uncheck Only if threats were found.

Under What to scan?
Select Scan every file.

Click on the Scan tab.

Click on Complete System Scan to start the scan process.

Let the program scan the machine.

When the scan has finished:

Make sure that Set all elements to: shows Quarantine, if not click on the link and choose Quarantine from the popup menu.

At the bottom of the window click on the Apply all Actions button.

Right-click the Ewido Tray Icon and select Exit. Confirm by clicking Yes.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…