//some 3rd party need geo

how do i get rid of a trojan horse

agent 47 08:53 05 Aug 05

my friend has windows me,and she has norton antivirus,when she switched on her computer,she found that, norton found a trojan horse in -c:\windows\system\hclean32.exe, it could only put the file in quarantine!, how can she get rid of it? and also if she has norton why did she get the virus in the first place? isnt it supposed to stop you getting a virus?
thanks agent47.

Phphred 09:21 05 Aug 05

A Trojan is not a virus. Write "Trojan" into the "Search box" (top left) and you will see lots of answers

VoG II 09:24 05 Aug 05

Try a² click here

petescully 10:52 05 Aug 05

If Norton's has put it into quarantine, its no longer going to cause you a problem.

This should keep you away from harms way.

Ensure the Norton's AV is always up to date,
Ensure the Windows Updates are all up to date,
Ensure you have firewall software running - (maybe zonealarm for example) -XPs is ok but not the best.
Ideally have Ad-aware SE running and up to date,
Ideally have Spybot S&D 1.4 running and up to date.

These last 3 are found if you type them in a search engine or their respective websites or check on most up to date cover CDs. (PC Advisor's Sept issue should have all 3.)

agent 47 18:05 05 Aug 05

ok, thanks for the info guys.
agent47.

ACOLYTE 18:07 05 Aug 05

Burn it,lol i think thats how they did it in Troy
Sry couldnt resist )))

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…