How do I get rid of these games?

hawthorn59 09:42 05 Apr 08

Hi

Im happily enjoying my new HP laptop! There is a programme called My HP Games, which basically is a HP games site, where you can try out games and maybe buy them. However I notice icons linked to these games are now in my normal Games folder and I cant delete them. Also some of these links are to games I havent even downloaded yet.

How can I get rid of them? If i right click I am given the option to "Hide This Game". But I dont want them there at all. Perhaps they are only links and not the actual games, though some of them I have downloaded but most I havent. My games folder is therefore a bit messy.

thanks

h

johnnyrocker 09:46 05 Apr 08

are they in add/remove?

johnny

brundle 13:46 05 Apr 08
  MaxUpload 20:55 05 Apr 08

This is a pain but you could try this to remove :

Open Task Manager - [ctrl/shift/esc] - under the Processes tab look for "wcmdmgr.exe". If it's there then highlight it and End Process.

Next go to C:/windows and look for a folder named WT and delete it.

Run a cleaner preferably CCleaner - click here - run the cleaner first and then under the Registry tab run Analyse and delete anything it finds.

I hope this is of some use.

MaxUpload 20:59 05 Apr 08

Sorry but it should read ...

...under the Registry tab run Scan For Issues and delete anything it finds.

hawthorn59 05:06 06 Apr 08

I suppose what i should have said is I dont mind the My HP Games folder, and indeed use it to try out some games. But I dont like them stored in the Games folder. Is it possible just to get rid of them from there?

h

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Animator Emanuele Kabu’s psychedelic video is a stunning tribute to Lisbon city

Best Mac antivirus 2017