How do I get rid of a system folder icon?

Red Devil 17:37 07 Oct 05

Hi,

OK, I used to have an LG 3G phone but got rid of it because the quality of the service was awful.

I had installed the phone management software on my PC and, when I uninstalled it, the unistaller was very poorly set up and left a load of rubbish on my system. I've removed all of it bar the system folder it set up on my HD and/or the icon for this folder.

Any idea how I get rid of this? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers.

MAJ 17:42 07 Oct 05

I'm assuming you tried to delete it in the normal manner, Red Devil, and it wouldn't delete, so try deleting it from Safe Mode.

Klof Ron 17:45 07 Oct 05

If it won't go away in safe mode download gipo move on reboot from click here and use that.

Red Devil 18:03 07 Oct 05

Tried both suggestions and they didn't work I'm afraid.

The drive is only listed when I open up "My Computer" and I just can't seem to get rid of it.

MAJ 18:17 07 Oct 05

Can you do a screenshot of it, Red Devil, let's see where it's showing. You can upload the screenshot to Imageshack and post the url here. click here

Red Devil 19:17 07 Oct 05

I've done a screenshot and I've put it on my ISP websapce.

The link is click here

Cheers

mgmcc 09:07 08 Oct 05

Have you tried the "TweakUI" Powertoy from Microsoft to see if that lets you remove the icon? click here

Red Devil 09:32 08 Oct 05

I've already got TweakUI. Just given it a go. I assume that you have to restart the computer before the change will take place but I'm currently running a virus scan so will restart the computer once that's done.

One question - does TweakUI get rid of this system folder or does it just stop it being displayed? Ideally I'd like to get rid of it seeing as I no longer have the phone.

Cheers.

freaky 10:21 08 Oct 05

If you Right click on the SFI and then click delete, what message do you get?

Red Devil 10:31 08 Oct 05

I don't get given the option to delete it. That's half the problem.

Klof Ron 10:45 08 Oct 05

Have you tried doing a search in the registry for LG Phone and removing anything found, usual warning about backing up the registry first apply.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…