How do I get rid of Supanet sign up? Help please

bof:) 23:54 22 Feb 08

Hi all, I've been given my sons old Tiny laptop and when I bootup I get an option to register for Supanet. How do I get rid of this please.

Its not showing up in msconfig/startup

many thanks,

Mike

rdave13 00:10 23 Feb 08

Last time I did this went for search, 'show hidden files and folders' and deleted everything containing Supanet.

bof:) 02:24 23 Feb 08

Hi rdave13 I've tried that and also cleared Supanet references from the registery but it still appears at startup with an option to register now or later.

I'd like to get rid of this before the laptop is given to another family member.

Mike

tullie 04:00 23 Feb 08

If laptops changing hands,its probably best to reformat,and re install

sidecar sid 07:11 23 Feb 08

Click start, select run,type msconfig and press enter. Click the startup tab & look for "status" uncheck the box next to it and reboot

jack 08:17 23 Feb 08

I certainly got rid of Supanet from a Tiny desktop PC as described, but I wonder this being a lap top if this is part of a splash screen on a ROM, in which case you may have to live with it.

VoG II 08:38 23 Feb 08

click here and scroll down a bit.

bof:) 11:20 23 Feb 08

Hi all, thank you very much for all of your help.

tullie, Supanet appears after you do a format and install via the restore disk that comes with the laptop. (I seem to remember that I paid extra for the restore disk after buying the laptop years ago).

sidecar sid, it worked :-)

jack I'm assuming that the splash screen is on the HD as sidecar sids' fix worked.

VoG™ thank you for the link, I've printed off the bit I require and will work through it.

Once again thank you all for the excellent help,

Mike

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Best iMovie for Mac tips 2017 | How to edit video with iMovie: 26 brilliant video editing tricks…