How do I get rid of a Screen Message

curly 16:31 06 Sep 03

After using the Windows Accessory programme to get rid of unwanted files, whenever I start up I get the screen message the Short cut SETUP.Ink refers to a location that is not available. How can I get rid of this message?

bremner 16:40 06 Sep 03

Do you have any icons in your Start>Programs>Startup folder that relate to a program you have deleted. If so delete this entry in Startup.

interzone55 16:41 06 Sep 03

You've deleted a program that runs at startup, so you need to look in Start/All Programs/Startup to see if there is a program called Setup there.

If it's not there you need to un MSconfig, go to Start/Run & type MSconfig. Click the 6th tab, Startup, and look in there for an entry for Setup, and remove the tick in the box. Restart your computer and the box shouldn't pop-up.

Alan

btw If you are running XP you will get a box popping up with some guff about you have chosen Selective Startup, just click the box in the bottom left saying "do not give this warning again" and close the box.

curly 17:05 06 Sep 03

Thank you Alan. I run WindowsME. I have done as you suggested and the message has been removed.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac