How Do I Get Rid Of Lop.Com

athlete 11:43 20 Dec 04

Please help - lop.com (malware)has taken over my PC, causing it to run slow and bombard me with pop ups. It's hijacking my homepage and inserted 2 annoying taskbars, minimising my desktop viewing area. I've tried lop's own uninstall program and have been using Ad-Aware, AVG, Webwipe and Spyblaster, but everytime I reboot, lop reappears. I can't find any reference to lop in the Control Panel (Add/Remove). The 'helpful' staff at lop suggest I disable my antivirus software!! Any suggestions out there? - Thanks

rawprawn 11:48 20 Dec 04

Go to start /run type msconfig/ look under the Start Tab, if it;s there untick it. Then switch off system restore and reboot if it's still there restart in safe mode and delete it in safe mode. Don't forget to turn system restore back on after you have cleared it.

georgemac 12:28 20 Dec 04

have you recently installed messenger plus3 and agreed to the sponsor software when installing - this installs lop

I had to reinstall messenger 3 plus (as the spyware scans had removed some of it) and then uninstall it from the control panel - this got rid of the mysearch now toolbar

I then reinstalled messenger plus 3 (for the kids) rejecting the sponsor software.

georgemac 12:31 20 Dec 04

click here and be very wary of software programs that offer to remove this - many of them install new spyware onto your machine - I tried one yesterday - spywaregaurd - once it had my email address it did nothing (I gave it my gmail address)

Diemmess 13:46 20 Dec 04

Bearing in mind georgemac's warning I think this link may also help.

click here

athlete 16:00 20 Dec 04

Thanks very much r, g + D. Looks good now. Hopefully that's the problem fixed. :-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…