How do I get rid of ghost drive

rawprawn 10:06 19 May 04

XP Home, I loaded Pinnacle instant CD/DVD program on my computer and it has created another drive F: I only have one CD?DVD drive which is E:.How can I safely delete F:

MichelleC 10:14 19 May 04

Have you rebooted since?

rawprawn 10:37 19 May 04

Hi, yes I have rebooted but it is still there, when I look at its properties it is showing as full but 0 bytes.

ventanas 10:50 19 May 04

It's normal apparantly. It did the same to one of my machines. Evesham (who supplied Pinnacle with the PC)confirmed that it does this. Don't know why though.

SANTOS7 10:54 19 May 04

Instant Drive is a virtual CD/DVD-ROM drive application that lets PC users access data from CD/DVD-ROM discs, even if they do not have a CD/DVD-ROM drive connected to the computer. Instant Drive creates a virtual CD/DVD-ROM drive on the computer's hard drive. CD/DVD-ROM data can then be mounted or unmounted on the Instant Drive volume, and accessed by a drive letter, just like a normal CD/DVD-ROM drive. Since the data is stored on a hard drive, access to CD/DVD-ROM data is much faster and operation is quieter. It also reduces power consumption, an important consideration for laptop users

rawprawn 10:59 19 May 04

Hi guy's thanks for your interest, I found the cure by accident in some old notes of mine. Go to Control panel/click administrative tools/double click computer management/then in the left pane click disc management.Right click on the drive in question then click change drive letter and paths. click remove.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…