How do I get rid of DirectCD

Gretzky 13:55 08 Apr 03

I recently upgraded my CD/RW and as a consequence the supporting software, from Easy CD Creator 5 Platinum to Nero 5.5.

Easy CD was uninstalled prior to the new installation however, I cannot install the InCD/Packet-Writing element of Nero that allows drag and drop. The pop up informs me that I need to uninstall DirectCD before this task can be completed.

I have tried every thing I can think of(which is not much for a novice) to cure this problem. Can anyone help, Please.

Desparate

Patr100 15:14 08 Apr 03

Is it listed in add/remove programs in your control panel?

€dstow 15:21 08 Apr 03

There used to be a little software gizmo on the Nero website that allowed InCD and Direct CD to live together in harmony.

From my own point of view, I wouldn't use either of them.

€d

tugboat 16:16 08 Apr 03

which is the best software for burning cd's cdrw's? your help would be much appreciated. To the previous contributor

€dstow 16:26 08 Apr 03

Hi.

I always use Nero. My comment about "I wouldn't use either of them" referred specifically to InCD and Direct CD.

I have used Easy CD Creator in the past and didn't like it, much preferring Nero.

InCD and Direct CD are "packet writing" programs which are supposed to enable a CDRW to work as a large floppy. In my experience they don't - all I've ever ended up with is a CDRW stuffed with data that I cannot access. So with that and the general unreliability I found with CDRW disks, I won't let them into my studio.

Note those comments refer to CDRWs. I use CDRs a lot for all sorts of things and would have problems without them now.

Hope that helps.

€d

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…